Sara was here // advent with Shark, Pikachu and the golden gnome
5 good things
- the view of the full moon on my way to work this morning
- it was no longer slippery when I biked home from work
- roasted chicken for dinner - thank you, dear husband
- going to bed long before ten pm
- reading a Christmas story for Sara before bedtime
rain cover filter
5 good things
- a patient husband who cares for the children, makes dinner and tidies the house while I’m in exam mode (= being totally ego centred and completely exhausted)
- the broccoli bacon salad in the University canteen
- rain - because that means I don’t have to worry about slippery roads while biking
- a helping hand from a colleague
- chocolate - how could I do without these days?!
Advent activity calendar day 7: painting with empty toilet paper rolls. Some of them turned out to be frame worthy. (This photo reminds me that the red table cloth makes my eyes hurt + my angst for getting paint places where paint should not be)
yellow jumper reflected // mamma, help me with this
Uni, Dec 9, Saturday 2 pm.
Outside: rain, hail and snow.
Inside: Christmas tree amongst the book shelves, twinkle lights, advent calendar by the library entrance, people wearing cosy slippers at the reading room plus the smell of clementines and sneaking exam angst.
To walk home in the snow after a long day at the university reading room.
10 pm magic
To go outside in your pyjamas to see the magic of the first snow.
Advent activity calendar day... ehhh... never mind! Potato stamping Christmas card envelopes. She got hooked on the dinosaur stamp, which in fact is a failed star.
9 am magic // not pictured: super excited kids
unexpected colour match // again I’m trying to make sense of the fiction curriculum and wishing I had the opportunity to attend lectures
Thank you snow, you made today a pretty one.
Week 49: December 4-10