Friday, 19 August 2016

things I like lately

from the May film of my a roll of film a month project // Kodak Gold 200, Minolta SRT 101

- Sverre turned 11 months this week!
- Sverre started kindergarten this week and it seems like he likes it
- Sverre has started to take an interest in books
- Sverre's second word (after mamma): ball! His favourite toy!
- the fact that I can see both sea and mountains from my desk at school
- a slower start to my new work/student life than expected - but still SO much to learn!
- Sara has inherited my old stereo player and loves listening to music in her room - with the door shut
- drinking my Monday night cap (chamomile tea) in the sofa watching the moon outside the living room windows
- harvesting kale from our own garden - I had no idea this would bring me such joy
- dinners on the terrace
- warm, sunny days - yet there is a slight change in the air - it feels a little crisper in the morning and evening
- the new IKEA catalogue - I have kept every catalogue since 1998 #nerd
- Fridays off work (I have a 80 % position) - not completely off though; I still have my studies
- meeting a new colleague who is going to study the same as me
- the redesign of one of my favorite blogs, Practicing Simplicity
- this dress from COS (via Ingvild)

- - -

Things I don't like lately

- our dishwasher is broken so we have to do the dishes the old fashioned way - grateful for audiobooks to keep me company (currently listening to the first of Knausgård's "My Struggle" novels - I don't think I'll continue with the next five)
- Sverre is back in the habit of waking up at 5 am
- I still have a bad cough, especially at night


  1. I can just dream of such an overwhelming view out of my school windows!

  2. It's nice to read about so many good, happy things this week.

    Hope you get over the cough soon!

  3. I work 80% with Fridays off too... not too bad if you ask me ;)

    And also - our dishwasher is currently broken too. Is it weird that I find kind of pleasant to wash the dishes? Perhaps the fact that it's a temporary thing makes it more palatable :) ?



Related Posts with Thumbnails