Thursday, 10 March 2016

Sara shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Sara?

Shooting film seems to make little sense these days... You don't see the results immediately, the photo can be ruined and you don't know until much later, it takes time, patience and is costly. And those are also exactly the reasons why I do it (except the cost, ok!). These days I see shooting film as a mindful moment, a pause to capture a fleeting instant. I have to pay attention, I need to stop, frame, focus, think of the light, choose aperture, choose speed and take that leap of faith. That pause brings me calm. And there is the additional bonus of going through the images once the film is developed and having the memories from that moment you paused coming back again. And finally the surprises: the light leaks, how the double exposures merge... it can be truly magical!

You can see more of Sara's photos on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Astrid! Lovely to be here in your blog! I've been lazy lately and reading my words sparked the need to shuffle a film on the camera again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails