Friday, 22 January 2016

things I like lately

Sara first visited the mountain cabin in the Easter holiday of 2012 when she was 5 months old // Fuji Velvia 100F, Canon EOS 500N

- the feeling of -10 degrees Celsius - it doesn't happen very often around these parts
- the way the fresh snow feels in ten below
- the fact that the neighbourhood lake is frozen and safe for ice skating
- ice skating for the first time in more than 20 years
- seeing how excited Sara is about ice skating
- my mom's dinner of baked halibut, boiled potatoes and carrots plus Sandefjordsmør (a sauce made of butter, cream, parsley and lemon juice)
- season 2 of Blacklist on Netflix (binge-watched this week)
- homemade fish gratin (fiskegrateng), using this recipe - the second time I've made it and now I'm hooked
- the news about our friends' pregnancy + this lovely couple too
- this and this by my old Flickr friend Stephanie
- Friday lunch with my mamma
- a hand-me-down radio (from my parents) for our bathroom
- a weekend ahead at the beloved mountain cabin - we are all excited for Sverre's first visit!

- - -

Things I don't like lately

- a sore back, probably due to carrying my big baby boy (he is already 8 kg!)
- it's suddenly 5 degrees and the snow is melting at rapid speed
- the amount of sweets I'm able to eat before I get sick combined with my current lack of willpower to stop - where has all the green juice gone?!


  1. and I like you and your posts -warm greetings from Poland :):)

  2. I would love a recipe for Sandefjordsmør!



Related Posts with Thumbnails