Friday, 4 December 2015

things I like lately

ilex from my 2010 archives // Kodak Portra 400nc, Minolta SRT 101

- the 100 best photographs ever taken without photoshop
- this interview with one of my favorite photographers, Leila Peterson (PS: Leila shoots film)
- the urban outfitters blog
- this advent calendar
- watching "Karsten og Petras vidunderlige jul" with Sara - it was her December 3 advent calendar activity
- just picked up our 2015 Christmas cards - time to start writing! (Confession: I didn't get around to sending out all our Christmas cards last year, so some of our friends are getting two cards this year...)
- Print with Wings
- Sverre smiles more and more each day - makes me fall in love with him a little more every time
- Sverre's first laugh - my heart exploded!
- listening to Sverre talk to the butterfly and bee on the baby activity gym
- The Fall on Netflix
- I know we are pretty late to the party, but we just started watching Downton Abbey and are enjoying it big time
- a walk in the woods - I love the brown fern photo so much!
- red fingernails - it's been a while
- the red amaryllis is in bloom (got it from a friend a couple of weeks ago)
- using an old gift card to buy a few simple Christmas decorations (advent candles, red throw pillows and ilex)
- planning to get out more of our decorations during the weekend // PS: more Christmas related posts
- oatmeal porridge for breakfast - Sara is a big fan
- 10 ting som hjelper mot julestress + 10 advent- og juletradisjoner fra min barndom - I can relate to a lot of this
- hearing Sølve say "our children"
- before I left kindergarten this morning, Sara said "jeg elsker deg" (I love you) and gave me an eskimo kiss

- - -

Things I don't like lately

- both Sølve and I have come down with colds
- hard days of parenting (made a little better with ice cream)
- the darkness and miserable weather are getting to me - I really need to spend more time outdoors during daylight
- the intrusive Christmas busyness at shopping malls - must try to avoid them completely; they make me dislike Christmas

- - -

This time last year. What a difference a years makes!

1 comment:

  1. Downton Abbey <3 Kos dere masse med serien, den er virkelig verdt å se! Nå ble jeg sittende å lese julerelaterte innlegg her inne, så mye fint og hyggelig. Ha en god kveld, kjære Astrid!



Related Posts with Thumbnails