Friday, 4 September 2015

things I like lately

candle season is upon us // Agfa Precisa 100, Canon EOS 500N


- today is the first day of my maternity leave* - only three weeks until my due date - Sara was born two weeks before her due date, so I'm very curious about when baby boy is planning his arrival
- a surprise goodbye party for me from my students - complete with delicious homemade cakes and a beautiful orchid
- napping every day
- clean kitchen windows
- Lukasz Wierzbowski's beautiful yet sometimes surreal photos (PS: he shoots film)
- Mini House (via Ingvild's Pinterest)
- 5 times IKEA looked deceptively elegant
- my 5 current IKEA favorites: Möckelby table, Knagglig crate, IKEA 365+ pitcher, Sittning kitchen towels (bought today when doing errands at IKEA) and Molger bench (we have one in our main floor bathroom; it will move to the hallway soon to make room for the baby's changing table)
- in my fridge by Mariell // ps: my pantry essentials
- need to make Mariell's millionaire shortbreads soon
- slow living: a beginner's guide
- the temperature is still quite nice; yet the transition to autumn is slowly noticeable
- finished my first crime novel by Jussi Adler-Olsen earlier this week; started the second one right away - glad to have discovered a new favorite
- getting the push and inspiration to finally share our DIY daybeds

- - -

Things I don't like lately

- heartburn - glad it came so late in the pregnancy though
- getting up numerous time during night to pee - oh the joys of late pregnancy!

- - -

* I got a comment/question about the length of the parental leave in Norway. I wrote a little bit about it in this post: thoughts on being a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails