Wednesday, 30 September 2015

a new photo project: darker mornings, yet again

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I might do another darker mornings photo project. The project is on, starting tomorrow, October 1.

The background for the project is the same as when I first did it in 2013:

I love the transition from one season to another. I love the colors and crisp air that autumn brings. I love a hearty slow cooked stew and a rich red wine. We are slowly feeling the change here in Stavanger and in the northern hemisphere in general. However I do not like that days are getting shorter and the increasing lack of light. Light is my muse. Darkness is cozy, but it normally does not inspire me to photograph. I will try - yet again - to change this with the darker mornings, yet again photo project.

In 2013 I did the project on film. One photo every morning - before 9 am - until the film was done. This time I will dust off my Canon 40D DSLR (speilreflekskamera på norsk) and take at least one photo ever morning (still before 9 am) throughout the month of October. I will not make a book this time, but I will (try my best to) post photo(s) here on the blog every day, along with a little caption.

The photos in this post are all from the 2013 darker mornings project, shot with Kodak Portra 400 film in my Minolta SRT 101 camera.

PS: 30 days of winter


  1. Herregud, jeg elsker bildene dine. De har en sånn fin stemning, så rolig og behagelig. Gleder meg til å følge dette prosjektet videre!

  2. That's great - I'm excited to see more of your lovely darker mornings shots.

    I feel the same way as you about the fall - I love the cozyness of fall (including hot drinks and food), but the shorter days can be a bummer! It's a little depressing, but there is more than enough good stuff about fall to outweigh the negatives.

  3. så spennende! Gleder meg til å se, bildene fra 2013 er nydelige!



Related Posts with Thumbnails