Friday, 21 August 2015

things I like lately

Tranum, Denmark, summer 2012 // Kodak Portra 400, Canon EOS 500N


It has been more than a month since my last things I like lately post. I blame the summer vacation. I love doing these posts, so I hope to get back to my regular Friday posting. I find it's a nice way to reminisce the past week or so - along with my weekly life posts.

- the smell of a warm pine forrest
- the smell of freshly baked bread rolls in the morning
- the smell of sun protection lotion on sun kissed skin
- eating breakfast outside in the morning sun
- summer wild flowers galore
- listening to Sara's conversations with her cousin M (who is just four months older)
- coffeemonsters (via reading my tea leaves)
- 4 people, 650 square feet: a love story (via A Cup of Jo)
- My Beauty Uniform: Alice (PS: Alice shoots film)
- watching Monsters University as a family
- excited about the new newsletter from one of my favorite bloggers, Jodi of Practising Simplicity
- the postpartum body (also by Jodi)
- working on cutting (way) back on Sara's screen time (she loves watching cartoons on Netflix), and so far it is working pretty well
- this post by Ingvild
- family camping: doing it
- Herman og Karl + storebrortid
- seeing how super excited Sara is about the trampoline we just bought
- the weather has been simply amazing this week - sun, sun, sun and over 20 degrees celcius every day (talking about the weather might not the most interesting of topics, but with all the rain and cold temperature we have had this summer, the topic is very relevant to mention)
- the new IKEA catalogue - I'm always excited about this (I have kept every catalogue since 1999)
- red currant and blue gooseberries from our garden - I think I'll make a crumble during the weekend (got hooked on crumbles after I made my first - rhubarb and strawberry - earlier this summer)
- getting emails from blog readers who so sweet and generously tell me that they like my blog - these kind of emails make me want to keep on blogging forever - thank you!
- al fresco (bbq) dinners on the terrace
- grilled corn on the cob, with butter and salt - the whole family is hooked
- spending time in the mountains
- tips for packing with kids

- - -

Things I don't like lately

- swollen feet - but happy it came so late in my pregnancy (week 35)
- the heat of the past week has not been the best for this pregnant body, especially the swollen feet
- it has been hard getting Sara into an everyday sleeping habit after the summer vacation - she is SO tired in the mornings
- sad to see Alyson of Unruly Things has decided to stopp blogging, but I totally understand her decision - I sometimes wonder too how long I will keep doing this thing

1 comment:

  1. Astrid, try cooking the corn IN the husk. It's easier, and adds a nice taste.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails