Monday, 26 May 2014

what's for dinner, week 22

A Wednesday pantry dinner that turned out to be much better than expected: chicken filets roasted in a sauce of creme fraiche, feta cheese, tarragon, red onion, garlic, salt and pepper, then mixed with red and green bell pepper, tomatoes and leftover couscous + barley 

There is very little fresh produce in the fridge that need to be eaten right away, which means I have a pretty clean slate for planning this week's dinners. Maybe I should take the opportunity to actually cook from one of my cook books? Or maybe not. 

Monday: I had a big lunch of leftover salmon and spinach from yesterday, so I'll just have a light dinner - homemade tomato soup (from the freezer) - later today. Sølve will have the beef leftovers from yesterday (there is not enough for both of us anyway). Dessert (for both): leftover spicy melon mango salad with fresh coriander

Tuesday: There is an open package of egg noodles in the kitchen drawer that has been sitting there forever. Apparently we are not that into egg noodles anymore. Time to finish it - with spinach, squash and spicy soya sauce

Wednesday: tandoori chicken (using this spice mix from Santa Maria) 

Thursday: Sølve bought a rather big piece of cured ham during the weekend; I think it will work well in this pasta dish

Friday: salmon sashimi with ponzu sauce. This was our Friday tradition for a long while, but we got a little fed up. I think we are ready for it again.

- - -

about this project

- every Monday I post the week's menu
- there might be links to recipes, but the menu will mostly just be basic ideas for the dinners - often just based on what ever is in our fridge, freezer and cupboards
- Saturday and Sunday dinners will often not be planned ahead because we have a habit of buying whatever looks good in the store when we are out grocery shopping Saturday morning


  1. Great menu! I still have to figure out what to have for my home alone dinner tonight.
    Tomato soup sounds good. Might go with that.

  2. Spiser datteren din det samme som dere? Høres veldig godt ut!

  3. I loved reading this menu!



Related Posts with Thumbnails