Monday, 19 May 2014

what's for dinner, week 21

part of the Constitution day potluck dinner

Our fridge was filled to the brim during the weekend due to the Constitution day celebration; we had friends over for potluck dinner and we ate all night. I thought there would be leftovers to play with for this week's dinners - no such luck! The fridge is not completely empty though, but beer, cake leftovers and cheese crumbles do not make a fulfilling dinner. Or maybe it does?

Monday: homemade meatballs (from the freezer; Sølve made a huge batch a while ago and we are finally seeing the end of it), guacamole (I hope the avocados have not gone bad yet), and a salad of mixed lettuce, blue grapes, couscous and balsamic cream. It is my first time using grapes in a salad. I have a feeling it will work very well. I often use sweet fruits like melon and mango in salad; grapes are kind of the same, if you understand what I mean. 

Tuesday: a warm salad of roasted carrots, garlic and yellow beets (first time I have ever seen them in the grocery store, so I just had to get them), barley, sausage and salted/roasted pumpkin seeds


Thursday: pan fried cod filets (if the store has them), spinach/chickpeas/garlic (if the store has spinach) | backup plan: whole grain spaghetti with homemade kale pesto (from the freezer) and salmon (our local store always has salmon)

Friday: Deadline for my exam, so we need something simple and very comforting: homemade pizza (from the freezer) - I planned to eat this pizza last Friday, but got instantly inspired by this article that I read that Friday morning, so I made burgers instead.

- - -

about this project

- every Monday I post the week's menu
- there might be links to recipes, but the menu will mostly just be basic ideas for the dinners - often just based on what ever is in our fridge, freezer and cupboards
- Saturday and Sunday dinners will often not be planned ahead because we have a habit of buying whatever looks good in the store when we are out grocery shopping Saturday morning

PS: my pantry essentials | thoughts on dinner planning and grocery shopping

2 comments:

  1. I think the grapes will go very well with the salad. I used white grapes several times, always a winner!
    Your dinner plans sound delicious as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what a great idea! And the picture of the table full of wonderful dishes - yummmmmmiiiii!
    Cross my fingers for your exam!
    All the best
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails