|baby me, 1980|
A little while ago I got a beautiful recognition from one of my favorite bloggers, Carina of Her på Sandaker. Thank you so much, Carina! She gave me a bunch of questions to answer - and I will pass along a bunch of questions to bloggers I think deserve a little extra attention.
Here we go:
1) Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out the way you excepted? Did anything turn out different than excepted?
I started Hei Astrid on June 11, 2007 and in the first post I wrote: “A few people have encouraged me to start this blogging journey.” I met those people on Flickr, which since I joined in May 2005, evolved to become like a blog to me until I finally started a real blog.
I didn't really have any expectations about blogging; I just hoped it would be as fun as Flickr was back then. The fun was all about sharing photos and other things I liked, plus getting to know likeminded people. Hei Astrid has become all that; it is a fun part of my everyday life.
|good times in Berlin with Flickr friends, 2008|
2) What do you do when you loose control and would rather give up/run away from it all/eat a big box of ice cream?
I'm an emotional eater, so in a situation like this I will normally eat too much comfort food - including A LOT of ice cream - and then feel bad about it. I might cry a little too. Sometimes I do the sensible thing; go for a run and deal with the situation.
3) What is your secret dream?
To publish a book with my own words and photos. (Not self-publish - I have already done that.)
4) Do you tell people about your blog?
If it feels right in the conversation, I will tell, but I don't present myself as a blogger.
5) For how long have you followed my blog?
Almost since the start, I think. I don't remember how I found you, but I remember being instantly smitten by your words and stories. I love the way you observe life!
6) What is the story behind your blog name?
I knew it was going to be a personal blog with photos and stories of my life, so it felt natural to choose a personal name. I have never been good with aliases anyway.
7) Are men with hairy armpits sexy? How about women?
Not sexy, but is it ok. Women, no.
|nature make me happy|
8) How do your friends describe you? Do you think it is different than how your blog readers will describe you?
I hope my friends describe me as happy, positive and sporty. Is it different from my blog readers' opinion on me? I don't know - you tell me!
9) Recommend a city and tell me what to do there.
Bergen, of course! Here is my little Bergen guide. Plus a few Bergen tips for parents traveling with children (a little interview over at Mammadamen). Carina; Pingvinen still exists!
|my baby, Kodak Portra 400|
10) Tell me something I don't know!
Sophie was our choice of name for our baby girl for a long time, but she ended up being the perfect little Sara.
So, who do I give this blog award to? Several of the blogs I follow have already received this award, so I'll try to choose someone else - at least someone who has not yet answered a bunch of photos.
Koffeine - I love the way Ine shares her everyday life as a new mother through words and photos.
Zoo Payne - Maria is a mother of three who takes the most beautiful photos of their life on a farm.
Mammadamen - Karianne's words about motherhood and life in general are always inspiring.
ferske(n)muffins - Siri is my favorite Norwegian food writer!
Ingvild Telle - One of my long time favorites; a fellow freelance journalist with a great eye for the good and stuff in life.
Here are my questions:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) Which country would you love to visit and why?
3) Describe your dream day!
4) What is your secret dream?
5) What would you like to read/see more of on my blog?
6) What is your bedtime routine?
7) What are your favorite TV series?
8) Do you tell people about your blog?
9) What is your favorite easy everyday dinner?
10) Tell me three fun facts about yourself!