Wednesday, 26 February 2014

homemade kale pesto


Caroline asked how I made my kale pesto. This is how:

200 g (ca 130 g when stems are removed) kale
3 stems of celery, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
50 g walnuts
0,25 dl olive oil
0,5 dl kale water
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Remove the stems of the kale and cook it in salted water for a few minutes. Drain and keep some of the cooking water. Use an immersion blender or regular blender and purée everything until smooth. Makes about two of those Bonne Maman jam jars. Keeps in the fridge for a couple of days, freezes well. 

All olive oil instead of olive oil/kale water is also good. So is more walnuts, and fresh parmesan. The recipe above is my low fat version. 


2 comments:

  1. Tusen takk! :) Skal testes ut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to give this type of pesto a try.
    But I can't for the life of me find non cut kale.
    All I can find are bags with pre-cut kale...So sad.
    My parents used to have a veggie garden.
    The kale they grew there was the best and would have been perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails