Thursday, 19 December 2013

Vanessa shoots film



Why do you shoot film, Vanessa?

I shoot film because I love the unexpected surprises that come along with it. The finality of the shutter sound, that click, it’s such a wonderful sound. You know in that moment you either captured exactly what you framed the shot for or something entirely different. Yes, sometimes it is bad, but sometimes when it’s good, it’s magic. Capturing magic can be done with a digital camera, it's just not as fun or special to me. Film started as a gateway to learn as much as I could before moving onto a bigger, “badder,” more expensive camera. But, I’m happy to say I’m just fine with my Pentax K1000 and using film. It might be love.

(This picture was taken in late Fall in Pennsylvania, USA. The snow was unexpected and not usual for this time of the season. It only lasted an hour or two before it all melted.)

You can see more of Vanessa's photos on her blog and Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. brilliant lady - loves "unexpected surprises". we other only appreciate the surprises we expected.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails