Wednesday, 18 December 2013

ask me anything

It has been a year since I last did a round of ask me anything - this fun little game where you get to ask me any questions you like and I will do my best to answer honestly. In return I would love to hear a little bit about you, and maybe even a few words about why you visit this blog. Feel free to participate even if you have done it before. It is always a pleasure to hear from you, even if you just want to say hei. 

BONUS: At random I will pick 3 of you who will win a print of your choice from my little photo print shop (10*15 cm size only).

- - -

January 14: giveaway is closed 


  1. 'm going to making Pad Thai and most recipes call for Fish Sauce. I've never used it, but I'm sure its not pleasant as far as fishy-ness and smell. I think "God forbid I spill this crap somewhere"

    Well... I found one recipe that suggested to use Oyster sauce instead. Somehow, this seems more appealing to me.

    1) So which is better as far as Taste?
    2) Would it alter the taste of the pad thai much?

  2. Hei from Canada!

    So about me...well I am 38, a wife and Mom (to two teenage is still hard to believe they are even in school, let alone high school), I live in a small city (population 27,000) in the Kootenays in BC, Canada, I work as an ESL teacher, Immigrant Settlement Worker, and to promote literacy, I plan on returning to University in the new year (online so I can still work), and I live in an 800 sq. ft. apartment with an amazing view. Oh I should add that making and eating good food is one of my great pleasures in life.

    I have been reading your blog for a few years now. The pictures are lovely (I so wish I could take good photos but I do not possess that skill), the weekly menus give me lots of ideas for good food (I made bacalao...oh yum!), and the atmosphere that comes across in your writing keeps me reading. Your blog portrays a lovely life Astrid!

    My question...nothing too in depth comes to mind so:

    1) What are your plans for the holidays?
    2) Do you plan to ever move from Bergen (oh lovely looking place to live!)?


  3. Hei Astrid!

    When I first read your blog a few years ago, I immediately liked you, because we have a lot in common. I like hiking, food, flowers and champagne too. I'm a mother to two girls, I'm tall, I wear glasses, I have long hair … I studied educational science ;-)
    I can discover beauty in everydayness but I'm not able to take as beautiful photos as you do :-) I'm a complete novice in photography.
    That's the reason why I'm here very often. You inspire me and I especially value your open and personal way of writing about your life.

    What I would like to know is how you manage your studies, work and motherhood? I had my children during my studies at university and it was very very challenging. How many hours do you work and how many hours do you study?
    I would also be very interested to know what type of teacher you are becoming and how long it will take?

    I'm not sure if you have mentioned it before, but I wonder how you organize your photos. Which program do you use? Do you use iPhoto?

    Thank you for all the creative work and insights you offer on your blog!


  4. Hej,

    I started reading your blog years ago, when I lived in Oslo, and have kept reading it ever since. Today I'm reading blogs on a more irregular basis - so every now and then I read maybe an entire months posts.

    As I said I used to live in Norway, but moved back to Sweden 2 years ago. I'm originally from Gothenburg, and had quite a laugh when I found your guide to GBG in a norwegian magazine. Like you I have returned to Uni, and right now it's the final weeks of my bachelor thesis (the second one that is).

    What I always enjoy about your blog is that it keeps reminding me how beautiful every-day-life really is.


  5. ...and obviously thisis writing is so stressful that I can't seem to remember stuff, such as that I was supposed to ask you a question (sorry!)

    What is your favourite part of the day? And why?

    /Charlotte, again(!)

  6. Hello Astrid,

    I have been reading your blog for 3 years now and as I already told you I have a son who is only 2 weeks older than Sarah.
    I love reading your blog for the glimpses of everyday life and the nice photos. It is inspiring to me.
    I live in Blackforest/Germany, own a cookoo-clock and am 33 years old. I am also tall (1,78 m), had long hair, have been cutting it one year ago and now let it grow again.
    I am also a teacher. Which kind of teacher will you be?
    Here are my questions:

    What advice would you give for protecting you private life whilst blogging? (I don´t have a blog yet but think about opening one)

    And a baby-question: what pram did you have and are you happy with it?




Related Posts with Thumbnails