Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Paul shoots film



Why do you shoot film, Paul?

I think film truly captures the feelings and intentions of the person taking the picture. Film goes through a chemical process rather than a computerised one, so I feel it is more in tune with the molecular goings on in humans as we visualise and remember. When I shoot digitally, it feels manufactured and lifeless; the "freedom" of being able to take hundreds of pictures is more of a hindrance for me. With film, the process of making mistakes and truly thinking and caring about what you shoot deeply personalises the craft.

In my opinion, film is the true extension of a photographer's vision.

You can see more of Paul's photos on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails