Thursday, 12 September 2013

a new photo project: darker mornings

from my archives; December 2011

As mentioned earlier this week, I love the transition from one season to another. I love the colors and crisp air that autumn brings. I love a hearty slow cooked stew and a rich red wine. We are slowly feeling the change here Bergen and in the northern hemisphere in general. However I do not like that days are getting shorter and the increasing lack of light. Light is my museDarkness is cozy, but it normally does not inspire me to photograph. I will try to change this with a little photo project. I have loaded my Minolta SRT 101 with one of my favorite films, Kodak Portra 400. Every morning - before 9 am - I will take a photo, starting tomorrow. I'm excited to see how the morning light will change during those 30-something days that the project will last. And I'm looking forward to shooting with the Minolta again - it has been a while. 


  1. Oooh, maybe I could jump on that wagon? I haven't used my Minolta in a while and there must be a film or two somewhere here...
    I enjoy the change of the season but also don't like it. The loss of light is the side I don't enjoy.

  2. sounds like a great project =)) I know what you summer you barely leave the camera on your table...but when it's getting darker and days are getting shorter you prefer staying in bed instead of photographing =)

  3. cannot wait to see the results these coming weeks...!

  4. Great idea! I've actually started my very first photo project inspired by your previous ones. Taking a photo (or two) each day, writing down what we did and what we ate. I love that mornings are getting darker. I know I will miss the light at some point, but right now I'm so ready for autumn and winter! Enjoy your project!



Related Posts with Thumbnails