|summer sunset after rain; I like this photo a lot | Fuji Superia 200, Canon EOS 500N|
Today was not the best day. It was pretty crap actually. Sara woke at 5:15 am and wouldn't go back to sleep. I kept my mood up in the early morning hours, looking forward to her good, long nap later in the morning. No such luck. She slept for half an hour. After that the whole day has just been about killing time until bedtime. Also, it has been pouring down all day. Bleh!
On days like these, I think it is extra important to make note of the positive and good things during the day. So, this is what I liked today
- a (mostly) tidy apartment
- leftover pasta with melted cheese for lunch
- having two rolls of film developed
- Norwegian sweet cherries
- lots of giggles with Sara - despite both of us being super tired all day
- I made a surprisingly good risotto for dinner
- a chat with our neighbor who has a son Sara's age
- a glass of red wine
- making dough for no knead bread (will be baked tomorrow morning)
So, any good things in your life today?