Tuesday, 6 August 2013

sparkle + a few words about film

Kodak Ektachrome 100VS, Canon EOS 500N

I have been asked a few times where I get my film developed and whether or not I scan my own film. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you guys who asked these questions, but here goes:

As you probably know, I live in Bergen, Norway. There are not a lot of options for getting film developed here. I get my film developed either at Antonio Stasi or Foto-Jørgen. It takes them 1-2 weeks to get it developed and scanned. I don't own a photo scanner and I don't think I would have the patience to scan my own film. Having to wait 1-2 weeks to get film back from the lab is already pushing my patience. I did consider getting a scanner a while ago though.

Speaking of film. In addition to the two rolls of film I got back from the lab yesterday, I have - for some unknown reason - been sitting on another three rolls that I have hardly shared anything from. I went through them all last night and prepared a bunch of posts that are ready to be published. Please stay tuned for some film galore around these parts in near future! 

By the way, please feel free to ask more film related questions. I'm absolutely no expert, but I might be able to help you. Also, I'm hoping to have more why do you shoot film posts ready for you soon. 


  1. Lovely sparkly photos! 1-2 weeks would stretch my patience, too - I get my film photos within an hour :)

  2. Thank you! :-) I asked a few weeks ago. But in the meantime I've found someone here in Oslo to develop too. I used to develope and scan at FotoKnudsen, but they stopped their service. Now I'm gonna try Akersgata Foto (in Oslo). Lots of undeveloped rolls here too!

  3. These sparkle photos are lovely.
    Patience is also a lovely thing.
    I think that film trains my patience muscles. That's one of the reasons I love it.
    Would be delighted to be featured sometime on your "why do you shoot film" posts.... ;-)



Related Posts with Thumbnails