Saturday, 17 August 2013

husmorferie, on film

Fuji Superia 200, Canon EOS 500N
Here are a few glimpses of my visit to Oslo in early June. It was the first time I spent a night away from Sara since she was born. Surprisingly I didn't miss her much. I knew she had a good time at home with her pappa, which made me relax and not worry. I had a blast hanging out with my best friend L; shopping, chatting, eating, sleeping in. You know, all those things girls love to do when they meet. 

PS: Husmorferie translates to "housewife vacation", meaning the mother/wife gets to go away alone without the rest of the family. Is there an English expression for this? 


  1. in english I don't know but there isn't in spanish

  2. I love the idea of Husmorferie!!!
    Sadly we don't have a word for this in English.
    I went hiking alone for two days and it was pure bliss. I need to schedule some more time away for myself. It's such a good way to recharge and get new energy.



Related Posts with Thumbnails