Wednesday, 5 June 2013

baked cod with creme fraiche mustard dressing and bacon

Sorry for this half eaten plate; I didn't plan on blogging the meal until it was too late to take a nice photo. 

Yesterday I made a dinner that both Sølve and I decided is a keeper. So to remember it, I decided to share my recipe - as always, not a very detailed one - with you. The recipe is inspired by this, which I found when googling "cod", "creme fraiche" and "bacon" - which were a few of the ingredients in our freezer/fridge that I wanted to use for a dinner this week. 

cod filets with seafood & fish spice mix from Santa Maria
(for Sølve and me I used 400 g of frozen cod filets)

a dressing made of 

shallots
spring onion 
garlic
celery
green bell pepper
creme fraiche
plain yoghurt
mustard
salt and pepper 

Put the cod in an oven proof dish and cover it with the dressing. Bake until the fish is done - ca 20 minutes at 200 C. 

Serve with crispy bacon, roasted potato wedges and a simple mixed salad (I used arugula, tomatoes and creamy balsamic vinegar).

The next time I make this, I will use fresh cod filets + add fresh parsley to the dressing. 

2 comments:

  1. vil bare si takk for at du deler av livet ditt på denne bloggen. den er en av mine favoritter på netthimmelen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to try this recipe. I have only found one decent cod recipe lately.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails