Tuesday, 11 June 2013

a favorite salad: white beans, tomato and feta

This salad has become a big favorite in our house. It is adapted from this recipe by Sweet Paul

For a filling dinner for Sølve and me, I use

3 fistfulls of dry white beans
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
a bunch of tomatoes, chopped 
fresh parsley, finely chopped 
a pinch of dried chili 
feta, I use this 
salt and pepper to taste 

Cook the beans until tender. Fry onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add the beans if they need to be reheated (I normally cook the beans a few hours before I make the salad). Transfer to a bowl and add the tomatoes, fresh parsley, chili and crumbled feta. Mix well, serve while warm.  

The last time I made this salad, I also added some shredded store bought grilled chicken and chopped arugula - a brilliant addition! I have also added diced pan fried salami in the past, which also is brilliant.   


  1. That could be the talk of household for me too. Love thto have this for tomorrow's menu. Got my eye on your next posts.



Related Posts with Thumbnails