Saturday, 27 April 2013

how to make a perfect boiled egg

Kodak Ektachrome E100VS, Canon EOS 500N

This is how I love my boiled eggs: Hard whites and mostly runny yolk, served on toasted whole grain bread with butter (the bread should still be warm when I spread the butter on, so that the butter melts), Maldon salt and fresh ground pepper. 

This is how I do it: Put the medium size egg straight from the fridge in a saucepan and cover it with cold water. When the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium and set the timer for 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place under cold running water for ca a minute. Peel and enjoy! 

- - -

PS: Save $10 off my books until May 2


  1. There are so many ways to cook eggs! Elizabeth David wrote about the ways Madame Saint-Ange boiled her eggs. :) I prefer to let the water boil, put the eggs in and take the pan from the stove and let rest for 10 minutes.

  2. I just learned a very similar technique by watching a Heston Blumenthal show last night! Yum. :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails