Thursday, 2 May 2013

avocado tuna salad

This is a quick and simple salad that I find perfect as a sandwich spread. Normally I just make it with good quality canned tuna (in olive oil), avocado, a little lemon juice, Maldon salt and fresh ground pepper. This time I also added some diced cucumber and fresh coriander. Sølve likes a little mayonnaise in the mix; I think the avocado gives enough grease, if you understand what I mean.

To sum up, this is what you need

1 can of tuna (ca 100 g)
1 avocado, mashed
juice from ca 1/4 lemon
a piece of cucumber, diced
coriander, finely chopped
Maldon salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Mix it all together in a bowl and serve on a slice of bread, for example toasted whole grain bread. It is enough for 4-6 slices of bread, depending on how much you spread on each slice. 


  1. Yum! I think it would also taste awesome tossed with some noodles. And yes I agree - the mayo is a little too much. Avocado is already buttery enough for me.
    Too bad my husband hates avocado :( it would make an awesome meal.

  2. Hi!I come here now and then to spy on your lovely blog. But today I had to comment! After seeing you used portuguese canned tuna! I'm portuguese. ;) Good choice!



Related Posts with Thumbnails