Wednesday, 6 February 2013

you win some and you loose some



My daughter Sara (15 months old) is no big fan of dinner at the moment. She eats sausages and whole grain macaroni, and that's about it. For the most part, she doesn't even want to taste new dinner foods. We don't give up trying though (even if the situation seems a bit hopeless sometimes...), so today I made soup. 

I made carrot soup with red lentils inspired by Molly's lentil soup (one of my favorite soups ever). It is very easy to make and really yummy. 

4 small carrots
1/2 red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 fistful of red lentils 
olive oil
ca 1 teaspoon ground cumin
a tiny bit of chorizo sausage 
1 stock cube
1/2 liter of water

Fry onion, garlic and chorizo in olive oil. Add carrots, lentils, cumin, stock cube and water. Boil until tender, puree, enjoy. 

After some luring, Sara did eventually eat a good portion of the soup. Score! Not at the table though. She kept walking back and forth to me, eating one little spoon full at a time. Maybe tomorrow she will eat by the table. 

In other news; I just spent two hours trying to get Sara to sleep. Poor little overtired girl really struggled to settle down tonight. I get so exhausted by situations like this! Luckily there will be dinner (made by Sølve) and a glass of red wine in a moment. Cheers!

- - -

Something completely different: Just wanted to let you know that I have added word verification for commenting. Personally I find this thing annoying and sometimes I don't comment on other blogs because of it. But I get too many annoying spam comments every day, so I hope this will prevent it.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers Astrid, you worked hard for that dinner and glass of wine! Motherhood can be so totally exhausting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Astrid! i've been following your blog for a little bit now and have seen all the lovely photos you post of dear little sara. I'm not a mother (at least not yet), but maybe a friendly advice can help, maybe for her dinner you can make creamy veggie soup (creamy so it's not as liquid-y as a regular soup). that way she gets good food and vitamins on her body ;) --this has worked before with some nieces.

    Hope everything goes well.
    congrats on your blog, it's wonderful.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails