Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Stephanie shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Stephanie?

My connection to film is related to my childhood. My first camera was a Cosina CX-2 and I used it to document people, objects and things.

Over the years, I have experimented with various film techniques and have used different cameras. My favourite camera is a Mamiya TLR but any medium format camera, like a Holga, will do because of the square negatives.

To me, film has a soul, a look at that can’t be achieved in a digital form. Film also forces me to slow down, think and then act.

However, I’ll admit that I’m not a purist. I use digital for work assignments because it’s easy to use but for personal projects my preference is film.

While I do strive to make each frame count, I have learned to love the imperfect images I sometimes get. That’s part of the fun of shooting with film: you never know what you’ll get when you develop that roll but most often, you’ll get something that takes your breath away.

You can see more of Stephanie's photos on her Flickr and Tumblr.

1 comment:

  1. Helt nydelige blåtoner i det bilde! Gorgeous.



Related Posts with Thumbnails