Thursday, 14 February 2013

Dustin shoots film



Why do you shoot film, Dustin?

I have a lot of good feelings exclusively attached to film and without those feelings I probably wouldn't enjoy photography as much. I use a couple different exposure techniques where I expose the film outside of the camera. It's a great process thats slow and really sensitive, and because it's film it's permanent and literally impossible to edit any mistakes you make. It makes me more aware of what I'm shooting and respect every frame. You can't really experiment with digital like you can with film, and the experimenting part is half the fun for me. Sometimes I feel kinda guilty using so much film because it's wasteful and not cheap, and I doubt those chemicals are any good for the environment, but I think it's some kind of addiction for me. I guess I'd rather blow a bunch of money and time, and ruin the natural landscapes I enjoy shooting so much than shoot digital.

You can see more of Dustin's photos on his Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails