Thursday, 10 January 2013

Naama shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Naama?

I began shooting film when I was 14. I loved the work in the dark room, revealing the negative and having a full control on the tones of the B&W prints.
When the digital revolution came, I moved to a digital camera. But then, of course, something had been lost on the way.
The magic of doing a photo, not knowing how it will come out (if it will ever come out), having just one chance to capture something , knowing that the amount of shots is limited..
The imperfection, the surprises..
I got back to analog photography, taking photos with all kinds of cameras until I found my favorite- Hasselblad.

I feel that in a 12 shots film (6X6 film), every photo valuable. My models also feel that and have a lot of respect to the shooting set and to the camera. When I see the final result, I know that it has a certain truth in it- It was the reality as I saw it- no Photoshop, not trying to hide of cut, just a reflection of the moment as it occurred.
Also, I love having the 'physical' result that is the negative. I'm an old fashion girl and I don't trust computers to much…

You can see more of Naama's photos on her Tumblr and Flickr.


  1. Hi, great atmosphere in this photo!

  2. This is a wonderful photo! I can totally see myself sitting on this balcony...or wintergarden and smoking a cigarette...or many...

  3. I definitely like her work - I spent a few hours yesterday going through each of her photo. Thanks for sharing!

  4. I love this photo!! And this reminds me that I owe you an email ;D



Related Posts with Thumbnails