Thursday, 3 January 2013

Ingeborg shoots film



Why do you shoot film, Ingeborg?

I prefer film, because I love the process so much more than digital photography. It means that you have to be very conscious of which light, the composition and which details you want in the photo, because there's no processing afterwards. And you don't have as many trials as you would have with a digital camera. This limit of possibilities is necessary to really focus on what I want to photograph. But still, it is often surprising how a photo turns out. Another reason why I use film, is that the analogue photos never turn out perfect. At least, not in the way digital photos do. But this could also be due to the crappy lens of my Zenit B, which has a very beautiful depth of field though. An analogue photograph is more valuable (due to the process I think) than a digital one for me. Film is also nostalgic, but it is still alive and I doubt that it will disappear soon.

You can see more of Ingeborg's photos on her blog and Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Astrid for keeping on curating this series. Through it I've discovered quite a few blogs that have become regular inspiring reads!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails