Tuesday, 15 January 2013

broccoli soup

I thought I would try to add a few more recipes to this space. I do after all cook a lot, especially in the weekdays, and sometimes I invent my own dishes - often based on recipes I have seen or tried before. The main reason I haven't added more recipes here before, is that I'm too lazy to write down a proper description of how to cook something. Hence, my recipes will not be very accurate. This might work for some of you - and not at all for others.

So, here is the broccoli soup I made yesterday. It is the first time ever I have made broccoli soup, and I must say I'm rather pleased with the result.

1,5 broccoli
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 stems of celery
2 potatoes
1 liter of water
stock cubes
1/2-1 tea spoon black pepper
salt to taste
1/2-1 tea spoon ground cumin
1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Fry onion - until golden - and garlic in some olive oil in a large pot. Careful with the heat so you don't burn the garlic, because it makes it taste funny. Add celery, broccoli, potatoes, water and stock cubes. Cook until the vegetables are tender, ca 15 minutes. Puree the soup with an immersion or regular blender. Add salt, pepper, cumin and balsamic vinegar. Taste. Add more seasoning if desired.

Yield: ca 4 servings, depending on how hungry you are.

We had some leftover canned ham in the fridge that I pan fried and added to the soup. Plus we had toasted white bread with butter on the side.

1 comment:

  1. As any Italian would suggest: it would be even more awesome with pasta in it! Next time try adding some broken spaghetti in the soup for the last 10 minutes.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails