|Saturday dinner inspired by this Gordon Ramsay recipe|
I kind of fell off the dinner planning wagon the last couple of weeks. Sorry about that. I don't think there will be much planning next week either, as we are at our parents' place celebrating Christmas and they will do most of the planning. So, this will be the last menu of 2012.
I have however decided to continue this project next year.
If you have read this post, you already know that these are my "rules" for the (simple and doable) "what's for dinner" project:
- every Monday I post the week's menu
- I also post what we actually had for dinner the passed week (because it is fun to see if we actually followed the plan)
- there might be links to recipes, but the menu will mostly just be basic ideas for the dinners
- Saturday and Sunday dinners will often not be planned ahead because we have a habit of buying whatever looks good in the store when we are out grocery shopping Saturday morning
- each post will be illustrated with one of my food related photos, either from my archives or a new one
I will most likely follow the same rules when I continue the project next year. But I wonder if there is anything I should do different. Maybe you can help me? Do you miss anything in this dinner project? I would love to hear from you! Please tell me what you like and/or dislike, and I might tweak me rules ;-)
So, finally, here is this week's menu:
Monday: Sunday leftovers (roasted veal, potatoes, Brussel sprouts, bacon and gravy)
Tuesday: salmon with fish & seafood spice mix from Santa Maria + a salad with mixed baby leaf lettuce, apple, avocado, red onion and balsamic vinegar
Wednesday: white bean, tomato and feta salad
Thursday: stew, kind of like this
Friday: fresh shrimp sandwiches
We are off to our hometown Sandnes on Saturday, so no more dinner planning for us this week.