Tuesday, 6 November 2012

arctic north love
















iPhone photos processed with VSCO Cam, ShakeItPhoto and CrossProcess

Here are some glimpses from our weekend up north in Tromsø where Sara and I visited my sister Mari and her boyfriend Hallvard. Mari was fresh out of surgery on her ankle the day before we arrived, so big sister was happy to fly up to take care of her. It was Sara's second flight ever, the first one for me travelling alone with her. I was a bit nervous about the long flight (ca 2,5 hours), but it went quite well; she missed her morning nap on the way up and got rather cranky, on the way home she fell asleep on my lap whilst I enjoyed the fantastic sunset and view. Anyway, as mentioned on Sunday it was so nice to meet M and H again, and it was also great to be back in the arctic north. I have been there (mostly for work) some times before, and it is just fantastic. Photos here, here and here if you are interested. Most of the photos above were taken at Bryggejentene café and shop in Ersfjord. Such a charming place in such gorgeous landscape! Unfortunately I shot much less film than expected, so I don't have much else to show you.

8 comments:

  1. Such wonderful photos, A.
    How I'd love to go there with my camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kjempefine bilder! Jeg savner Tromsø litt, og tror snart jeg må ta en tur. Elsker bildet av deg og Sara med fjell i bakgrunnen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures.
    From a part of the wold i never explored myself.
    Nice blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light is so gorgeous up in the north. hanks for sharing these pictures with us. Hope your sister is getting well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it up there. I've been there only once during summertime. We went on a biking holiday and started in A (Lofoten) and biked to the Nordkapp, the last part we took the hurtigruten (during the night). It was one of the best vacations ever and we had beautiful weather. Love to go there during wintertime! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day I have to travel up there...it looks so amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos, I would love to see travel that far north. One day...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails