Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Antonella shoots film



Why do you shoot film, Antonella?

I’m not a film purist. I shoot film and digital as the mood takes me or, sometimes, as the subject dictates.

I love shooting film because I enjoy using vintage equipment and because I like the slow process involved in it. I love taking my time getting to know the camera, deciding which one to bring with me (I live in Ireland and weather conditions have to be taken into serious consideration) and then which film to load in it. Is there a slower process than this one?

Because of the slowness, I take more care in crafting the image. I think more about the composition and, if I’m shooting in B&W, about contrast and tone. Then, until the film is processed (sometimes it takes me weeks after exposure to bring it to the lab), I carry the image in my mind’s eye and I dream about it. When I decide to use my digital instead of one of my film cameras, I’m well aware that I’m giving this dreaming time up!

You can see more of Antonella's photos on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. another lovely feature and a beautiful photo too

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails