Saturday, 2 June 2012

summer skiing










Summer skiing is all about contrasts; leaving the lush green city behind and heading to the mountains were the snow is really wet and grainy, it is almost as warm as in the city so you can ski only wearing shorts and t-shirt (don't forget sunscreen or you might end up with some fun tan lines), and the sky is as blue as it can be. You have to watch out for open creeks, rivers and lakes, plus moss and lichen covered spots. Back in the city, you enjoy a glass of chilled white wine in the afternoon sun in the flowering garden. Bliss!

5 comments:

  1. It spins me out seeing you tow your baby across the snow in that little sled! Here in Australia my daughters day-care doesn't let the children play outside if it is under 18 degrees! I love seeing your photos from your very different life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idyll! Fine bilder:) Utrolig med den lille jenten i den lille sleden:)
    Leser bloggen din hver dag - fortsett å inspirere

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and photos. Life in Norway is so interesting to me. I am from California and I can't imagine skiing with a baby in June! Lol cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! So there's snow on the mountain all year round?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails