Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Pascale shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Pascale?

The short version is: like everybody else, here…

The “long” version is: I shoot with film because that’s the way I’ve started photography. I used to print too in black & white and I could stay hours in my “lab”. I was crazy and happy like a kid… it was before the digital!

But printing is a job in itself.

Shooting is a vital gesture for me and I don’t know why.
Maybe because I’d like to stop time or to fix forever what’s important to me!

Anyway, analog gives the feeling and the warmness (…) of life. Digital is too cold. But I shoot with digital too!
A good photo is a good photo, no matter the support, I don’t like this ”battle”…

But of course I prefer much more analog. It is more exigent and physical. Even the camera feels closer to me, to my body (and the famous sound)!!!

Film is soft, beautiful, fragile and sensitive.

It has something close to the sacred!!!


You can see more of Pascale's photos on her blog and portfolio.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails