Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Zenobie shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Zenobie?

I first started shooting film with a Zenit-E that my mother purchased in 1975. I named her Olga. She was heavy, her shutter curtain was temperamental and her metal teeth ripped a roll of film on more than one occasion but I loved her because she opened up my eyes to the beauty of film photography and reminded me that not everything in life has to be perfect.

I have since sent Olga back to retirement after her shutter curtain broke completely but I still continue to shoot film on a few different cameras. I love how alive film photographs appear to be, I love the happy accidents and the nuances of tone and grain.

Sometimes there is heartbreak but this is far outweighed by the joy of creating an image that is truly special. It's an emotional experience!


You can see more of Zenobie's photos on her blog and Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails