Wednesday, 14 March 2012

our renovation | the hallway

Before





I don't have any very recent photos of our hallway because I never really photographed it properly. These photos above are pretty representative though; there were bookshelves next to the door into the livingroom, a huge mirror, lots of photos on the walls, and during winter we stored firewood here. We didn't paint or do anything else here when we moved in in 2005.

Demolition phase




Construction phase





Nearly finished phase





Finished!





The custom built cupboard seen next to the red poster is made from oak kitchen countertop scraps and IKEA Applåd fronts - the same as our kitchen. We use it for tools. The area underneath the cupboard was originally meant for the pram. We quickly realized that our hallway would be constantly dirty if we were to roll the pram in here every day. Instead we keep the chassis of the pram hanging on hooks in the small hallway that we share with our upstairs neighbours and we keep the carrycot in Sara's room.

The old wooden boxes were used for fruit back in the days. We found them in the basement at the family holiday house, Åsly. I use them as my magazines out box and for newspapers going to recycling. I have realized I can't keep all my magazines, so I give them away after I have finished them. Whilst waiting for a magazine hungry receiver, my magazines hang out in this box.

The little pouffe opposite of the boxes is from my grandmother's bedroom. The rug, bought by Sølve to protect the floor from the pram, is from Lone. I didn't like the color a lot, but it has grown on me. Lamps, mirror and drawer units are from IKEA. The Roy Lichtenstein poster was bought at MoMA in New York. Next to the front door is an illustration by Sandra Juto.

9 comments:

  1. så utroleg kul leilighet dere har :)
    personleg og koslig, kjekt at vi får "kikke innom til dere" :)

    henriette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero! It's incredible how you transformed an old hallway into a beautiful space. I am loving the Keep Calm poster and you've created such a useful storage area, I am so impressed. Kudos! Your house looks so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ååå, det var fint. For en jobb, men så flinke dere har vært. Veldig artig å se de forskjellige trinnene i prosessen.
    Klem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så fint det har blitt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dette var veldig fint Astrid! Liker spesielt de stedsbygde hyllene i veggen, elsker sånne meget praktiske løsninger! For meg er det utrolig stilig, ettersom det er så funksjonelt og gjennomtenkt!

    Klem Margrete

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic - and I am very impressed with how you lived there diring the renovations - my hat off to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. åh, så fint. dere er flinke. tenk at dere holdt på med dette når du gikk gravid. tålmodighet uten like.. men det var verdt det.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *så fint det ble! gøy å se før og etter bilder! å se så fine etterbilder gjør at jeg ikke blir fullt så nervøs for å gå inn i vårt oppussingsprosjekt; ser jo at det blir verdt det til slutt:) god helg til deg* vigdis

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails