Friday, 13 January 2012

out walking

Fuji Superia 1600, Canon EOS 500N

An early January walk with Sara. There was some really beautiful light just before it started raining. Unfortunately this 1600 iso film didn't capture it well.

After seeing the result of this Fuji Superia 1600 (which I forgot that I had tried before) and the Ferrania Solaris 800 film, I feel pretty much done with high speed films. I just don't like all that grain. There is one last film I will try though; Kodak Portra 800. From what I have seen on Flickr, it seems like the grain is a little less massive.

What I do like, is the super fine grain of for example Kodak Ektar 100, Fuji Velvia 50 and Agfa Precisa 100.

Any thoughts? Is heavy grain yay or nay?


  1. I dislike the grain too. My go-to film (which has been for a while) is Fujicolor Pro 400H. Excellent color and quite versatile. I love it.

  2. i personally like the grain. in fact, before ready your words, i was thinking how much i enjoy the grain in these pictures of yours.
    a few years back, i shot with 1600 to purposely get some grain:
    rachel has some good grainy shots too that i like:
    i second the fujicolor pro 400h for the clarity and lack of grain.



Related Posts with Thumbnails