Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Ida shoots film

Why do you shoot film?

I’m having such a hard time answering this question. Most of what attracts me has already been said a tousand times: the colours, the sound of the shutter, the weight of the camera and the way you’re forced to slow down to really see and take the picture.

So instead I’ll say this; the most valuable thing I’ve gotten from shooting film is the knowledge of how a camera works. Everything on my camera is manual so it’s forced me to slow down and learn about everything from shutter speed to aperture. I love that.

Also, there’s the magic of getting that developed roll of film in your hands and looking at the pictures for the first time. It’s almost better than Christmas eve to me.

You can see more of Ida's photos on her blog and Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails