Monday, 28 November 2011

Christie shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Christie?

I can remember being in Washington DC in 1989 and getting so sad when my dad ran out of film for the day. I looked at him and said, "but now what?" I was six. Taking photos has always been a big part of my life and I have the photo albums to prove it. I like the anticipation of finishing a roll of film and seeing the outcome days, weeks or even months later. I'm the one going on a trip with three cameras and a bag full of film. The surprise of recalling the memories and tiny moments through film is so special to me.

There is a quote that has stuck with me from Wim Wenders where he said, "within every photograph there is also the beginning of a story [...] so over the years, at least to me, taking pictures has more and more turned into 'tracing stories.'" So that's what film is to me, a story from the beginning of the roll to the end.

You can see more of Christie's film photos on her Flickr.

1 comment:


Related Posts with Thumbnails