Wednesday, 7 September 2011

a new Blurb book: Smakfulle øyeblikk

If you have visited this blog during the last couple of months, you are probably well aware that my husband Sølve and I are in the middle - or actually towards the end - of a big renovation of our apartment. During the renovation we are living in the garden suite. The kitchen down here is small yet functional, still I haven't cooked that much lately. In fact I haven't cooked much at all whilst being pregnant. I don't know why, but I know that I miss it. I believe it will all change when we move back into our "new" apartment with the brand new kitchen*. Whilst waiting for this big day to come, I have search through my archives for inspiration; food on film. The result is a new Blurb book called Smakfulle øyeblikk.

Smakfulle øyeblikk

is Norwegian for tasty or tasteful moments.

I live for tasty moments. Breakfast, brunch, elevenses, lunch, dinner, supper, snack time, coffee break, cocktail hour – food and drinks makes me happy, so does cooking and entertaining.

All photos in this book are shot with 35 mm film and are copyright of me, Astrid Hagen Mykletun.

Smakfulle øyeblikk is 78 pages square format soft cover with standard paper. You can see a preview of the whole book here or below.

*I will of course show you photos of the finished result, until then you can see lots of renovation process photos in this set on Flickr. It will at least give you an idea of the look of our new old apartment.


  1. Wow, great work, Astrid! I flipped through your lovely new book and looked at your mouthwatering pictures.
    Love the collocation and the choice of the pictures.
    Well done!

  2. it looks beautiful, astrid and super mouthwatering!

  3. Starving looking at these images.

    Took your advice and have so far organized all my photos and a ready to now put them into books. Thanks Astrid.

    Keep well and eat well!

  4. i love the title (how it looks and how i imagine it sounds! ...don't speak norwegian of course) and that muffin photo is just gorgeous.

  5. Gorgeous as usual. I really admire this talent you have for this kind of projects. Very inspiring to me. Thanks !

  6. so so pretty! love your pictures and the title is so well chosen. i am always so bad with titles. really great work, so good idea to organize ones work. i never consider myself good for such a projects but your photos look so great there i may want to give a try ;)i especially love how you match the photos on both sides, really so great, this is one of those cases when 2 looks better than 1 (also, something i am very bad at).



Related Posts with Thumbnails