Monday, 12 September 2011

Cole shoots film

One of those moments
Why do you shoot film, Cole?

I shoot film because I find it to be more exciting than shooting digitally. Choosing the type of film, manually managing the settings, and being unable to see my end result immediately is all part of a challenge that I find is unique to film photography. And then you just add things like film grain, the physical film strips, and the unique qualities of each camera, and you get an even more exciting medium to work with. I used to shoot exclusively digitally, and I still use Canon cameras for my student photography job at school, but when I'm shooting for flickr, aka for fun, I inevitably reach for one of my film cameras.

You can see more of Cole's film photos in this set on Flickr.

1 comment:


Related Posts with Thumbnails