Monday, 22 August 2011

Kristina shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Kristina?

I shoot film because it reminds me of the magic in taking photos. Digital is great - I use a digital camera as well - but there's nothing like getting back a developed film and seeing the results! About a year ago I bought a Hasselblad 500C/M camera, and that has made shooting film even more special to me. The process of loading the camera, framing the photo and finally taking it is slower than with other cameras (at least for me) and almost meditative.

You can see more of Kristina's photos on her blog and Flickr.


  1. I definitely agree with almost meditative :)

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. This is so thought-provoking and part of what I love about your blog is the *everyday* quality, the appreciation for the beautiful mundane.

    This is so thought-provoking.

    I have been blogging for nine years and my favorite thing, always, to blog about is my everyday life. It's really more of a household journal than a hey-come-read-my-blog thing. In fact, that is why I named it Daybook.

    In keeping an online journal, I have always been very inspired by this quote:

    "The deepest thing I know is that I am living and dying at once, and my conviction is to report that dialogue." -- Stanley Kunitz



Related Posts with Thumbnails