Monday, 1 August 2011

Annie shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Annie?

When I was a child, the Pentax K-1000 was the 7th member of our family. If we could have taken a family portrait with that camera we would have. But we couldn't since it was taking our photo. It would be impossible. You see where I'm going with this.

And I don't know if it's the horrible memory loss that half of us suffer from in my family, but documenting everything is not only fulfilling, but mandatory. I look at those negatives and prints and memories re-emerge that I had long forgotten.

Why film? I tried digital and I still try digital, but I mess with it in post and can't stop messing with it until it's some bright, over saturated false memory. Film embodies my memories in a way digital can never do. Film is true to me. It is how I picture my life.

You can see more of Annie's film photos on her blog and Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. Astrid.

    Takk for at du viste veg til denne flinke og inspirerande fotografen med ein nydeleg blogg!

    God dag til deg!




Related Posts with Thumbnails