Monday, 16 May 2011

Rhianne shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Rhianne?

I've always loved film photography, the first photos I took were with a film camera and for some reason, I never enjoyed taking digital photos. In fact for a long time I forgot that I loved taking photos at all as I just couldn't enjoy using the digital cameras that I owned. Then two years ago I brought my first film camera in years and I was completely hooked.

Now, I shoot film because I love the challenge. I love the idea of capturing as much light as you can in one click and permenantly storing it on a negative. You have one shot, one chance to make that photo count, to collect as much of that moment as you can and for it to be amazing. I also love the aspect of surprise that you get from film cameras... even with the most planned photo sometimes something unexpected can happen and it can produce the most amazing results.


You can see more of Rhianne's film photos on her blog and Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails