Monday, 11 April 2011

Azzari shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Azzari?

For me, film photography embodies the true essence of the art. Every step in the process - selecting film, loading the film, composing the image in the viewfinder, pressing the shutter, and waiting for the results, allows me the chance to slow down and enjoy photography.

I love the grain, the mood, and the authenticity of film. I feel like each image tells a story. The thing I love the most is how light is captured on film - for me, there is no digital substitute!

Everything in life does not have to be rushed, hurried, or immediate. In fact, I have found that the best things in life are meant to be savored and enjoyed. And shooting with film has allowed me this luxury, to truly enjoy photography in its truest form.

You can see more of Azzari's photos on her blog and in this set on Flickr.


  1. I love this photo. Azzari's words are so inspiring and shows that she really love life and photography.

  2. Thanks so much for including me in this series, Astrid!



Related Posts with Thumbnails