Monday, 28 March 2011

Shokoofeh shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Shokoofeh?

It was "love at first sight" when I developed the very first roll of film in my life in the university's lab. I am sure you know what I am talking about if you have ever been in a darkroom. If you have ever felt that excitement and joy when you see your images appearing magically on a paper in developer. Every single part of the process is divine, and is the experience that you will never forget.

That was how I started to shoot film.

Photography with an analog camera is like preparing your ingredients for a very special dish. You have to be mindful. You need to have passion. And... you should wait. But when you finally see the outcome you can't be more proud.


You can see more of Shokoofeh's film photos on her blog and Flickr.

8 comments:

  1. she has long been a favorite photographer :) i love her work and both sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this photo. and the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. Incredible tones and colors.
    Beautiful words too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes!
    p.s. and this is one of many reasons why i love her.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad Shokoofeh led me here and I love her answer... I'm definitely going to have to read more of this series now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with her!
    Analogic photography is a slow process but the result is worth .

    ReplyDelete
  7. so inspiring! love the 'shoots film' series.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails