Monday, 14 March 2011

Ines shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Ines?

I started shooting film this summer. 2 years ago I found an Olympus OM-1 in my house, it was from my father but hadn't been used for a very long time, I had to get it repaired but never did because I'm never long enough in my home country to do it. So last summer I decided to buy a Canon AE-1 in internet and since then i put my digital camera aside. Shooting digital has nothing to do with film. I so love the feeling of taking pictures with it, the shutter noise, waiting (sometimes months) to develop them, the moment where you see the result is so exciting! You never know what you will get. I love surprises! I also like the fact that with film I'm more conscious about what i shoot (I can't afford to waste my films), so I take less pictures and that makes them more special to me.

The picture I attach is the first picture I took with my camera. I got my AE-1 on a trip to Paris, the seller was from Paris so I got it hand to hand. I went home and made this picture to try it out!

You can see more of Ines' film photos in this set on Flickr.


  1. I don't know her, her work is beautiful. Thanks.

  2. Exquisite work. Thank you for sharing :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails