Saturday, 18 December 2010
life with dog
Hama kept me company in the kitchen whilst I made Friday night lasagna.
After five days of being a dog owner* I have learnt
- Hama makes me smile and laugh
- she makes strangers on the street smile
- she makes strangers on the street come over and talk to me
- she makes me more playful
- she smiles
- dogs have personalities
- dog snacks can be mistaken for raisins if it accidentally gets into your morning müsli...
*I have taken care of my friend Jakob's shiba Hama whilst the floors in his bachelor pad are being sanded. I have never before had a dog - or any other kind of pet. Gold fish doesn't count.