Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Lars shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Lars?

I shoot with film because it's so much more fun than shooting with a digital camera. There is a built-in excitement, magic and randomness with film that I lacked shooting with digital. I also think that I care more about what I shoot now and thus become a better (?) photographer.

In addition, I am in love with the grain, the colors and the film cameras themselves. This involves not having a battery charger, LCD screen and ISO options, which all together provide a sense of freedom (to me).

I may take far fewer pictures nowadays but instead I take the camera with me more often. See more, shoot less, so to speak.

You can see more of Lars' film photos in this set on Flickr.


  1. This is wonderful -- the photo, his words.

    I've been so afraid to try shooting with film; I worry that I'll be anxious about which photos to take, although I guess that's all part of the always-important process of letting go, isn't it?

    Anyway, thanks for this.

  2. Love his work.
    The light in his photos are wonderful.

  3. His photos are so beautiful. I love his style!



Related Posts with Thumbnails