Thursday, 21 October 2010

am to pm



ca 8 am kitchen and livingroom window view

The first snow of the season arrived yesterday, and a lot more came during the night. I'm glad I didn't have to drive anywhere today as traffic was total madness - like it always is with the first snow. The local newspaper reports that there has not been snow this early since 1973. Normally Bergen gets a little bit of snow some time during late November, but in general we don't get a lot of snow at all. Except from last year which was unusually super snowy for a long, long time. On my way to the office I enjoyed seeing the yellow, orange and red autumn leaves covered in snow. Although I'm not quite ready for winter yet, I do look forward to the skiing season.


ca 5 pm livingroom window view

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, that IS very early for a first snow! I love the contrast between fall leaves and snow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow! How lovely. We're having a warm fall over here in the United States. Seeing your photos made me smile.

    Our snow storms don't usually arrive until February or March (just as you're expecting spring).

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snygga fotografier, som vanligt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, snow here too. It almost feels like opening the christmas presents before christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I wouldn't want to be driving in this but it does look cozy to stay indoors and drink hot chocolate and watch movies. I would much rather do that then study for midterms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, så mye for blå og klar himmel i Bergen;) Men det er vakkert også..hadde det bare ikke vært så isete og glatt..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a scenery you got there. Hope you're enjoying the first snow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice images! snow, snow and snow...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo beautiful! I gasped when I saw these photos...it's not yet cold enough where I live to even dream about snow, so I'm jealous of these lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so beautiful, Astrid! And I am not at all a fan of winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, you have beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a site :)

    x
    Nicole
    http://nicolefranzen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Straight out from a fairytale :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails